Wednesday 30 May 2012

Tara's play date or is it mine?

Typing now, the familiar feeling of fear is spreading across my chest as the impending visit to the dentist looms at a distance. I was rushed off my feet all day organizing the house and getting things just right for Tara's play date.

This time the little girl was almost a year older than Tara so her style of playing was a bit different. It threw Tara a bit to begin with, but they worked out a system as the day went on. After dinner the little girl and Tara wanted to play with me and we had a good time finger painting and face/arms/toes painting. I was suspicious after a while that play dates at our home may be becoming popular, more due to my participation than my poor little Tara. This is not what I had in mind when I wanted children to come over and play at my home.

Will these play dates do more damage than good to Tara if they necessitate my involvement and participation? I am exhausted and still stressed over the whole dentist fiasco. I just need to sleep...and maybe generate  a bit more enthusiasm for the Queen's jubilee. It's a historic occasion and I'm not getting 'into' the whole spirit, wallowing instead in my inconsequential worries.

Then there's my sister insisting that I spend half term with her and her inlaws!! Very kind...but no thank you. The Husband may be getting a few days off during half term so making the most of that is my priority.

Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment