Thursday 10 May 2012

Tara's first proper joke

Tara came back from school, armed with yet another joke. Now much as I love her, her jokes are..hmm...not funny. I still display appropriate interest and enthusiasm, sometimes missing the punch line (if you can call it that) entirely.

Today's joke finally got us past the old favourite one, which lasts a good ten minutes and involves a dog who climbs a tree, jumps between branches, and finally falls asleep. Yes..that's the part I am supposed to laugh at.

Today's joke is actually funny. It goes like this:

Mummy and Daddy frog are talking.

Daddy Frog : Ribbit, Ribbit

Mummy Frog : Ribbit, Ribbit
Daddy Frog : Ribbit, Ribbit
Mummy Frog : Ribbit, Ribbit
Daddy Frog : Tibbit, Tibbit
Mummy Frog : Now don't change the topic dear!!

Okay Tara's version wasn't as well formulated, but I got it ! Must remember to tell Papa Frog...I mean...The Husband when he gets back this weekend. He misses all these gems from Tara's growing up years, and I do make an extra effort to tell him.

I have to go, Tara wants to tell me another joke. I hope it's not the tree climbing dog again! 


No comments:

Post a Comment