Monday 24 September 2012

Papa time!

The Husband had work cancelled, so he came home early on Thursday night. He leaves tomorrow afternoon. Yes, there is lost earnings,  but invaluable time spent with Tara. Worth it in my books!

There was fairy tale reading when it rained, kite flying and playing catch on the hills when the sun was shining. There was a lovely family dinner 'at night', as Tara had requested, and a party to attend one morning. All this topped with Papa putting Tara to bed. Heaven for my little girl.

Tara did come up to me, cup my face and seriously explain that she wasn't ignoring me. "It's just that Papa is away and misses me a lot. You have me all the time so I hope you don't mind Mummy." she said yesterday, a bit concerned.

I was only too happy just soaking up the solitude. But I took the higher ground and assured Tara that I was perfectly alright with her spending time with her Papa.

Tara is overjoyed that her Papa will be home when she comes back from school today. Over the weekend she had a serious chat with him about wanting to do an extra speech and drama class at school, which I reluctantly arranged today much to her delight. I hope she stays the course. It is during her lunch hour which I am not happy about, but Tara has assured me that she is fine with her packed lunch and will be able to make it in time.

Let's see. In the mean time, I have a happy home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment