Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Father's Day

At one point in my not-so-distant-past, I was against all sorts of "days". Be it Father's, Mother's, Valentine's, or any other. They were all, in my mind, a great marketing conspiracy to sell cards and gifts to an unsuspecting public.

While the same may be true, with advancing age my cynicism has gone down and my views more relaxed and embracing. In life where there are so many challenges and uphill climbs, any reason for celebration and joy is a good one. It's not about whether the value of a family member is only enhanced on one day in a year. it's about finding a reason to make one day an occasion to find joy.

So Happy father's Day!!

We have lovely hand made cards and small tokens to mark the day. Most important of all is the look of pride and love in my daughter's eyes when she woke up her father with a loving hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment