Wednesday 28 March 2012

Life changes

At times it gets very difficult to cope with life changes. I'm not talking major events, just the general changes in life. From a personal point of view, I've had a fairly mixed bag growing up. Parts were the best, and I wouldn't trade them for anything else, while other aspects I would prefer to forget, but cannot. Maybe a firm, hard hit on the head could get rid of those but I can't bring myself to do it.. :-)

Now, I'm at a point in my life when I have a husband and a little girl, but no job I could fit into at the moment, given my circumstances. I had a flourishing career (in terms of money), which I gladly gave up for family life. No regrets on that front, except financial pressure at times. Once The Husband gets a permanent job and Tara is settled in her school, I will start to figure out what I want to do.

How do I go about it if I have no clue where to start. Do past qualifications and experience count for anything? Especially since I detest the line of work I was in all my life. Yes, I did it for money, I am enormously grateful for it, and it was good when it was there. But now I've thrown myself open to the possibility of a complete career change. Something that will align with my personal life and priorities. Being a new entrant, in a completely new field, competing with much younger people who are starting out too. Will I be able to do it? I don't know. But I sure as hell will try.

I don't want to be directionless and try my hand at random things. I'd much rather research possibilities and when I'm sure, and the time is right, I will take that chance.

Who knows what lies ahead, but standing still is not the way to find out. Life changes, but so do seasons. Each phase has it's own challenges and beauty, and I'm ready to embrace them all.

Come to my arms life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment