Sunday 1 April 2012

Six months later

It will be six months since Tara started school. Decisions taken six months ago proved fruitful.

When Tara turned four in August, we were inundated with paperwork about school, choices, catchment areas etc. etc. I just went with the flow and got her into the best school I could find. I did feel it was a bit too early for school, Tara having just turned four. But being a first time Mum I did not know about my options about school starting dates, shorter days etc. So off Tara went to school, looking a little too small in the uniform that engulfed her little body.

It was one of the most traumatic times I remember, and I sometimes shudder going back and reading the previous posts which remind me what my little girl went through. I was wavering about sending her to school, questioning if I had put her in the right school, and a whole lot of other things. The teachers who are probably used to this drama playing out every year, were unruffled and told me to wait it out for a while.

Here we are six months later. Tara has settled well in her school. She actually skips into school humming a little ditty, and hugs and kisses me goodbye every single morning. That was all I ever wanted. The first time she did it was right after our winter vacation. Like a switch had gone on in her brain. I cried in my car that day. This time the reason was different. Pure relief.

I learnt a valuable life lesson too. Give it time, whatever it is. Whether it is a floundering relationship, a prospective relationship, a new career, or even a cake in the oven. It takes a bit of time sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment