Monday 23 April 2012

More wisdom from a four year old lady

"Mummy," Tara said as I was tucking her in bed, "If you tell a child something nicely they will do it, shouting makes naughty children do more naughty things." I stopped tucking her midway and looked at her. She looked back at me, then looked away.

I asked her what a Mum should do if the child does not listen when asked nicely. Tara said she wasn't sure, and rolled over.

I do suffer from occasional "short fuse days". But when the "shouts" come , they really drain me of all energy. I try to schedule my "shouts" for those days when The Husband is around. He has a rather sophisticated, inbuilt  "shout sensor", and when he feels it beep, he takes off with Tara for a walk or to the shop to get some milk or eggs....or something that is urgently required. This does not get rid of my bad mood, but gives me the liberty to not smile, not talk and generally carry the big fat grey cloud freely over my head, without any interruption.

The last two days, I've been a bit touch and go. I'm not as involved with Tara as I usually am. It probably has something to do with The Husband's job situation and the underlying insecurity. But I try not to beat myself up over it. Sometimes trying to work off a bad mood within the confines of the school run doesn't prove to be effective, and I don't have the luxury of an open ended time scale to work things out of my system. That doesn't help sometimes, but as Tara said, I must try....and I do...

Tomorrow will be another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment