Tuesday 7 February 2012

It does get easier

Like any other habit, going to school takes some getting used to. Tara started in September, the youngest in her class. She's four and a half and its February now. Excluding the one month holiday in December-January, she has been in school 3 months now.

More than anything else my little girl has learnt a valuable life lesson. Things may not always go your way but you just have to learn to make the best of it.

In just 3 months we have been through a roller coaster of playground politics, dining room dilemmas, changing clothes chaos and missing mummy moments. I'm sure these things still bother her sometimes, but the tears have stopped.... for both of us. My heart still gets heavy when she tries to tell me if something is bothering her. And I feel worse when she avoids telling me if something is bothering her, because I cant make it better anyway. In short she's learnt to cope a bit better.

We have had our share of problems and solutions.  It does get easier.

Its not all doom and gloom. Tara loves most of the activities in school. She's pretty good at her school work and while she doesn't have a best friend or one good friend, her teacher tells me she is quite sociable and plays in a group. Its not a bad thing I think at this age to be able to play with everyone. I do however miss not having a little friend coming over for a play date.  Its early days yet. There are a lot of factors at play. I'm not making a great effort at cultivating special friends till I know where The Husband finally gets a permanent job.

Until then, we stay calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment