Friday 12 October 2012

Weekend without Papa

It feels awful on a weekend without The Husband. Tara is aware of the fact that he won't be coming today so is looking towards me for some playing time.

What's wrong with me these days? I can summon energy to do all the house work and more, but am so averse to playing kiddie games with Tara. I used to do it with all the sound effects and enthusiastic participation when Tara was smaller, but now the very idea of play acting, holding a doll brings on a headache. I am always over compensating for the fact that Tara is an only child and has only me to play with at home. Even her school has gone more academic with much less play time than Reception year, so Tara feels the need to squeeze in as much play time after school than before.

But off late I just cannot bring myself to "play". Why? I don't know. If anyone does, please help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment