Wednesday 3 October 2012

Nails and tales

I got Tara back from school in the pouring rain. We did a bit of homework, and a few experiments on magnetic and non magnetic materials. Everything was going fine, till she started pressing a few wrong buttons and my "shouts" started to rumble inside me. I almost lost it, but pulled back just in time to set the day back on track.

Hasty conclusion of homework, experiments, a quick dinner and a bath later, I decided to cut Tara's nails. It turned out to be a very good idea. Tara watched as I tackled her nails, then started regaling me with tales about her day. Very rare but I enjoyed it. I pulled out my nail file and picked at little bits of sand just under her nail. Now Tara was very impressed that she was being treated like a big girl - file and all! After that we read a few books and my little girl went to bed.

It's very obvious but being self aware is so important. Ever since I made the decision to be really "aware" of how I behave or react, things are much more in my control. I still have some way to go, but I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment