Sunday, 27 November 2011

What next?

Okay, Im done crying, feeling angry, feeling sorry for Tara and (to be honest)  felt a bit sorry for myself too. Glue ear. I hate that word. Ive looked all over the internet and cannot decide if its a big deal or not. What I did understand is that it can take at least 3 months to resolve itself at the very least.

I have a long haul holiday booked for the middle of December, and am looking for information whether its okay to travel with Tara or not. I couldn't understand the last doctor so Ive booked another appointment for a second opinion and follow up. This time I think I will ask the doctor questions and hopefully will get some straight answers.

There's no two ways about it. If the doctor expresses even the slightest reservation about Tara flying with glue ear, the holiday is off. To hell with the holiday, to hell with my own desperation to see my family who live on the other side of the world, to hell with everything. I love my Tara, and just want some respite for her.

The only good thing I can say about glue ear is that I don't think it causes a child any discomfort or pain. Tara is eating, playing, laughing and being herself. The doctor did mention loss of hearing till the fluid leaves the ear, but Tara seems to be hearing just fine. I have to keep testing her hearing from time to time for the next few weeks which is no big deal.

The Husband seems to think its okay to fly. Im not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment