Thursday 17 November 2011

Little flowers

A small child is like a little flower. Beautiful and very fragile. When people start treating every child like they would their own, only then will there be a shift in how we treat children in general. How easy it is to get incensed when there is an injustice done to our own child, and how easy it is to disregard others' children.

I can say with full confidence that I speak and behave with all children like I do with my own. I don't mean I go up to children and tell them to do this or that properly. No, I ignore all that and leave disciplining children to their own parents. What I am talking about is this. When a child in the playground hovers around me and looks at me, I give them a smile and say hello. If a child wanders over to me and asks me something, I give my complete attention and answer their questions.

Its important to treat children well. I am amazed at the number of times I see grown ups disregard children, not just others children but even their own. Then we complain about how our children are turning out to be. Parents collectively need to open their eyes wide and look beyond their own selves. When our children grow up, they will be in a world full of other people's children. Isn't it then in our own interest to make a difference and make a good impression on every child we come across?

No comments:

Post a Comment