Wednesday 16 November 2011

Is it just me?

Today Tara's went to school, excited at the prospect of meeting Pudsey Bear. At last, my little one is settled at school, and life will be normal.

When I picked her up at the end of the day, there was no excitement in her face, instead a cloud hovered over her head and she looked quite glum. In the car I asked her if she met Pudsey bear and she nodded her yes and was quiet. So I left it at that.

Later in the bath, Tara burst into tears. Between sobs she explained in broken sentences how she was made to sit in a separate classroom with another classmate, while the rest of the class went on to practice for their nativity play. They were excluded because they didn't have their costumes which by the way, weren't due until tomorrow.

I am furious. Isn't this institutional bullying? Damaging innocent children's psyches is surely institutional bullying. Two 4 year old children kept away from a school play rehearsal for not having their costumes in before they were due ? Absurd.

There will be words tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment