Thursday 24 November 2011

Smile

Im one of those people who will smile at a passer by if our eyes meet. Its not contrived, or something I have to think about to do. Its more of a natural reaction when I see someone. What is interesting is the range of responses.

People sometimes give a restrained smile back. Others look down, probably wondering if Im a nut of some sort. Still others look right through me as if Im invisible. Very occasionally I get a cheery smile and a 'Good Morning!'

Every person is different. There may be a lot of people out there who are really friendly when you get to know them but who may not be comfortable smiling at random strangers. There may be others who may flash 100 watt smiles at anyone they see, but may not be all that friendly when you get to know them.

Judging is so easy.... and unneccesary.

I don't have to, or even want to  'get to know' every passer by in my life. I just smile. Sometimes it makes me feel better, other times it might be just the thing someone else needs. The net result is still a better looking world.

Have a good day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment