Thursday 12 January 2012

Back on solid ground

So it took us 11 hours to get back home. We had a surprise in store at the airport when we got upgraded and had what Tara called room chairs that became beds. Heaven!

Now back on terra firm, and I have a stinking headache that won't shift. Decided to stay with family for a day or two to get over the jet lag and then its back to business as usual from Monday. I have spoken to Tara about school and after a rocky, tearful few days of not wanting to go back to school, she seems resolved. Of course Tara's beloved 6 year old cousin who often says, I hate school doesn't help my cause.

Ont thing I must say is that while we were away, Tara was healthy and well all through with no sign of a cold or cough or earache in sight. It must be the sun. Thats the only thing different.

Her ears were perfectly okay throughout the flight except while landing on the way back, when she complained of discomfort. I swiftly pulled out a lollipop for her to suck on , and that resolved any pressure issues in a minute. I would strongly recommend hard lollipops that last for ages to all mums travelling with children. It relieves the pressure problems and the kids keep quiet for a good 20-30 minutes depending on how long they make it last!

Must go for a nice hot shower now. Running water is a real luxury you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment