Friday 9 January 2015

Tottering, but on course

I try not to make resolutions, but when I do, it is usually a resolve of steel.

1. Eat fruit.
2. Go to the gym at least twice a week, starting the 12th of January.
3. Start de-addiction from sugar.

I have succeeded in eating portions of grapes, bananas and pears every day :-)
I have been to the gym once, even though I am due to begin next week.
I have gone cold turkey with sugar, except the smidge of stevia-brown sugar I'm used to in my tea anyway.

There are many other things I need to sort out but haven't resolved to doing. First,  I have to be kind to myself. I will not over burden myself with harsh resolutions that would sit uncomfortably with my personality. I have to slow down, I have to try not to get stressed with packing school lunch and doing  the school run, I should not panic if my check list is not ticked off, I will not berate myself if one or two meals are not made from scratch.

Today I'm grappling with the checklist issue. I have achieved a lot on it but as usual find myself focusing on those other things I haven't done. I know it is impossible to check off a list of repetitive chores, but I just need to "get" it.

No comments:

Post a Comment