Tuesday 1 November 2022

What now

As Me and I know, no one reads my blog, except us two - who write it, then read it. But if anyone walking in the same desperate shoes as mine happens to read this, I hope to convey the following:

This journey requires you to make yourself a hero.

It requires you to have a heart of steel that is prepared to say, I don’t know what is happening to me, I don’t know if there is a way out, but I will set myself a time scale for recovery, and make a promise to myself to keep trying and never give up till that time scale is exhausted. That time scale will be my whole life. I will back myself. I will discover that 99% of family and friends will not understand or accommodate me, I will also never forget who the unexpected other 1% are. 

I will not compare myself to others walking this same journey, but I will listen to them. I will make a pact with my inner voice. I can hear it, I can understand it and now it will help fix me. I will make a plan…a battle plan, wall charts and all. I will take one step ( I mean that literally) at a time, and use paper and pen to record each step, its consequence and what my inner self feels about that step. I will go to sleep each night and wake up each day ready to fix myself. This is my new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment