Thursday 3 November 2022

Did I jinx it?

 I woke up tired today. Not the levels of fatigue that came over me last year, but quite tired nevertheless.

I woke up to the beat of a banging headache, not as painful as the ones I had over the last year, but bad enough.

After some time my hearing went funny. Not like the last year, but still, strange. ( It's called pulsatile tinnitus I think). The hearing had a whoomp-whoomp wave like sound. It left me alone after a while and I spent the rest of the day trying to get work done. 

I could not take paracetamol, as I forgot if I had taken any earlier. Still not as bad as forgetting everything last year, but it brought back some apprehension of a backslide.

Did I jinx my recovery by daring to speak of it? Suffer in silence is an age old control technique, by some people, and apparently Long Covid too. 

Do your best Long Covid, I will most certainly do so too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment