Sunday 6 November 2022

Back on top

 It might have been coincidence, or just another random virus . I ran the same low grade fever for several days, as I did last year when I contracted the condition my doctor called " Long Covid? "

Just like last year, I couldn’t shake the fever for several days. This was followed by a few days of banging headache, again similar to last year. Then after the fever and headache went, I got pulsatile tinnitus, which I'm pleased to report has disappeared after three days. Today I have pretty bad pain and a sore spot on top of my shoulder joint. 

I've had a very busy couple of weeks, but I made myself have a lie down yesterday. Maybe that’s all I needed. I’m back to write about “Long Covid?”

Yes I realise I add the question mark after the name, but that’s what the doctor put on my paperwork. I don’t even have the dignity of a conclusive diagnosis or have a have a solid name for what afflicted me. 

That’s the indignity of Long Covid. Only the sufferers know what it is, no one…and I mean no one else really gets it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment