Friday 19 July 2019

Frozen Shoulder - Part 2

 I researched a lot of places to find out the cause of the Frozen Shoulder. There is no scientific reason that is conclusive. It's just one of those things. For something so excruciating, it is astonishing that so little is known.

A friend told me cynically that Frozen Shoulder is experienced more by women than men, so there is less funding for finding out more about the condition. Among all the cancers, she predicts, prostate cancer will be the first to have a breakthrough treatment, because it is a man’s disease. 

What we do know about Frozen shoulder is that usually :

More women get it than men

There may be a genetic component, i.e. it runs in the family

It is very rare to get it twice

It is also very rare to get it in both shoulders.

So with that knowledge I was navigating my life, keeping my eye out for a ray of hope as my left shoulder started improving. Then I woke up a few days later, with a twinge on my right shoulder. No way, i thought. Surely not.

I went sliding downhill rapidly after that. The Right shoulder was officially frozen. Hell was back and I have to once again figure out what I was going to do for the next few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment