Friday 7 December 2012

Nativity 2012

Tara came home two weeks ago and asked, "Mummy, do only blonde and beautiful people get to be angels?"

Just when I think I'm prepared for anything these days, Tara throws me a curve ball. Luckily I have also mastered the skill of quick recovery.

I said calmly no that's not true. Everybody can be angels. But there are many parts that children play in a Nativity show, and not everyone can be angels because then it wouldn't be a Nativity show. Tara smiled and said she was to be the Star that showed the way to baby Jesus. In fact she was a Superstar with sunglasses.

I joined in enthusiastically and we talked about her part and how much I was looking forward to seeing her in the 'starring' role. At the end of it all, Tara said, "Well I guess it's okay not being an angel. At least I'm not a sheep like Sean."

There we go, another life lesson for all of us. We can't all be angels but at least we aren't sheep! Spare a thought also for the poor little boy called Sean who was made a sheep. Sean the sheep..? get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment