Friday 5 August 2011

Am I home yet?

Its been a few days since Ive written. I've had family staying over and it was....interesting.

Family...you can't live with them or without them.

Before I was married to The Husband, I couldn't wait to get away from my family home, to spread my wings, be my own person, live my life et al. Anything my mother said to me was interpreted the wrong way and the classic, "no one understands me" was my constant refrain. 

I have a wonderful husband and lovely child today. But even now, at times, I feel..I want to go home..

So where is home? One thing is for sure, home is not a place, in the physical sense, like a piece of land with a house on it. Home is probably a place where we feel at peace, secure and we can just....be. We are embroiled in relationships and the business of living every single day. Life, at every stage does not easily allow us to "be". So we keep looking....and hoping...that one day we will be home, wherever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment