Sunday 4 November 2012

Is it a school day?

The last few days, as soon as Tara wakes up she asks, "Is it a school day?" I say no, and she gets on with her day. I started getting a bit anxious and had an attack of 'what ifs". What if Tara is upset at going back to school? What if she worries about lunch time? What if....and it went downhill from there.

This morning Tara asked me the same question and I said it's only Sunday and school is not until tomorrow. She groaned and mumbled, "Why isn't it Monday yet! I can't wait to show my earrings to my friends!"

Is that all it was? I ruined my peace of mind with worries that didn't warrant any of my precious brain time. With every passing day I'm getting closer to reaching my place of repair and restoration. This is just another incident that reaffirmed the need for mental regrouping, balance and getting focus back in my life.

The Husband is going back to work today. He won't be back for two weeks. It will be hard but as usual I will  manage. It is easier when Tara is in school. I miss her but can get a lot done. And life goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment